Jeremy Tomlinson from River Run Christian Church in Chuluota, FL brings us this shattered wall with the cross in the center.
They used white foam board (what you’d use for science fair projects) cut into random shapes. From there, they bought the dense blue 2″ thick 4×8 sheets of styrofoam insulation from Lowes, cut it into approximate cubes and Foam Liquid Nailed it to the triangles. Then they glued (Liquid Nails for Foam) it to the wall. The 2″ separation gave it some contrast with black shadows in between each tile. Jeremy lit it with LED bars on the floor.
Before he glued the tiles and blue cubes, Jeremy hung black aluminum screening. This allowed them to move the screen easily for special events or to quickly change the stage.
The cross was simply the absense of mosaic tiles.
- Five BenQ SP920 (6k lumens) – Approximately $2,000 each
- 3 of the projectors were blended in the middle
- 2 of the projectors were on each side
- 2 Computers
- 1 Master ProPresenter for the middle that triggers another ProPresenter for the 2 side. This synced all their backgrounds.
- Cut the foam board with a box-cutter
- Cut the blue insulation foam with a jigsaw or hot knife
- Make sure you use Liquid Nails for foam
- Hold by hand each tile for 10 sec or so until glue sticks