Kristine Corona and her team at Victory University Belt in Manila, Philippines brings us these three designs inspired by Katy Perry, Lady Gage, and Adele stages.
Their youth outreach series was called “Cats, Monsters, and Broken Hearts”. The base of the stage consisted of three golden arcs inspired by the stage design from the 2009 VMA’s. Every week the stage was altered by adding objects that would remind people of the featured artist.
Week 1 – Cats, huge lollipops, and a large candy cane – Katy Perry
Week 2 – Monsters and golden irregular polygons – Lady Gaga
Week 3 – Broken Hearts and a white grand piano – Adele
- Arcs – styrofoam, gold metallic paper, silver glitters, rustic gold paint
- Lollipops – styrofoam, bright colored paint, glitters
- Candy Cane – styrofoam, cellophane, paint
- Polygons – styrofoam, crumpled gold metallic foil
- Grand Piano – styrofoam, glitters, electric tape