Matt Mitchell from Boiling Springs First Baptist Church in Boiling Springs, SC brings us this stack of boxes and logos.
- Forty 2-foot boxes. ~$200
- Two 4×8 sheets of 3/4 plywood. ~$50
- One large can of dark cherry stain. $7
- Six yards of muslin cloth. $24
- Staples from staple gun. $2
- One roll of packing tape. $3
- Four 2x4s. $6
- Eight Par 64’s – red gels
- Eight Par 56’s – blue gels
- Four Par 56’s – white, for behind the light boxes
- Two Par 56’s – white to shoot over the boxes and act as mini blinders
- Ellipsoidals, some LED RGB Par 56’s, and two small elation movers.
Process for the light boxes:
- Project the image on plywood and trace it.
- Use a jigsaw and saw out image.
- Stain and set overnight
- Staple muslin (white with hunt of tan) cloth to back
- Build small triangle braces
- Setup and shoot some light on them