Jonathan Spallino from Cross Culture Church in Raleigh, NC brings us these box walls.
As a mobile church that moves in and out of a high school each week, it can be difficult to do great set-ups (fortunately they get to stay set up for the Summer). This design consisted of 50 whites boxes (total cost for boxes was about $250). They marked 6 inches on the tops of the boxes at every corner and then used those to make an “in and out” pattern.
They lit them with some Par 64 slims and two Wash LED lights from the sides. Also, they used 4 carpets to hide cables and to give the stage area a little more contemporary feeling.
Things to consider:
1) Build the boxes the same way.
2) Little tape goes a long way. They used a 1x2in piece of tape to tape the boxes together.
3) Start with the bottom row and work your way across. Tape side by side boxes and then back of the box to the one below and above it.
4) Mark every corner with a 6in line that way it doesn’t matter which box you use next.
5) There is a side of the box where the edges are white and smooth, that should always be the front.
Their church has about an 1 1/2 hours to 2 hours to set up in the morning and they finished it completely before the band practiced.