Bruce Schwarz from First Protestant Church in New Braunfels, Texas brings us this how-to for fake aluminum trussing (super cheap).
The first ones Bruce made were 6′ each (2 of them). Materials from Home Depot:
- (4) 38″ – 3/4″ PVC for bottom
- (4) 24″ – 3/4″ PVC for top
- (12) 9″ – 1/2″ PVC for side bars on T’s
- (10) 14.25″ – 1/2″ PVC for cross members
- Chrome paint
- Spray primer
- Drywall screws
Keys to remember:
- Pre-drill all holes.
- Cut 45 degree angles on 14.24″ cross pieces and screw them on
- Premake your side bars to assure they lay flat
Both pieces cost about $50 to complete. (Remember…these aren’t made to hold weight.)
More from CSDI's Editor:Get inspired by becoming a model for a few hours. - on Faking Creativity
More things a sound engineer should never do. - on Church Ideas Blog